Polylactic acid (H-[OCHCH3CO]n-OH), good thermal stability, processing 170~230℃, with good solvent resistance, processing in a variety of ways, such as extrusion, spinning, biaxial stretch, injection blow moulding. By poly lactic acid made of products except can biological degradation outside, biological compatible sex, and gloss degrees, and transparency, and feel and heat sex good, Guanghua Albert development of poly lactic acid (PLA) also has must of antibacterial sex, and flame retardant sex and anti-purple outside sex, so uses is widely, can as packaging material, and fiber and non-weaving creations,, main for clothing (underwear, and coat), and industry (building, and agricultural, and forestry, and paper) and medical health field.
Advantages of poly–lactic acid has the following main aspects:
1. the polylactic acid (PLA) is a new type of biodegradable materials, using renewable resources (corn) starch made by raw materials. Starch made from raw materials through fermentation of lactic acid and lactic acid synthesized by chemical conversion Cheng Ju. It has good biodegradability, after use, can be completely degraded by microorganisms in the nature, eventually forming carbon dioxide and water, pollution of the environment, the protection of the environment is very favorable and are recognized as environmentally–friendly materials. Caring for the Earth, you and I have responsibility. World carbon dioxide emissions, according to news reports in 2030, the global temperature will rise to 60 ℃, common plastics processing methods are still burning cremation, resulting in large amounts of greenhouse gases into the air, and degradation of polylactic acid plastic is buried in the soil, producing carbon dioxide directly into soil organic matter or absorbed by plants, will not be released into the air, does not cause global warming.
2. good mechanical properties and physical properties. Polylactic acid suitable for blow molding, thermoplastics and various processing methods, easy to process, is widely used. Can be used for all kinds of plastic products of processing from industrial to commercial, packaging, food, fast food containers, non–woven fabric, industrial and civil fabric. And then processed into agricultural fabric, healthcare fabrics, rags, sanitary supplies, tents, outdoor UV fabrics cloth, mat and so on, the market is very promising.
3. good compatibility and degradability. Polylactic acid application in the medical field is very wide, such as the production of disposable infusion equipment, split-free surgical sutures, such as low molecular weight polylactic acid sustained-release drug packaging and so on.
4. the polylactic acid (PLA) in addition to the basic properties of biodegradable plastics, also has its own unique characteristics. Traditional bio–degradable plastic strength, transparency and resistance to climate change than ordinary plastic.
5. the polylactic acid (PLA) plastics and petrochemical synthesis of basic physical properties are similar to other words, it can be used to make a wide range of applications. Polylactic acid also has good gloss and transparency and use of polystyrene films, cannot be provided by other biodegradable products.
6. the polylactic acid (PLA) has the most good tensile strength and extension, polylactic acid can also be produced a variety of common processing methods, such as: melt extrusion molding, injection molding, blowing molding, foam molding and vacuum forming, and the extensive use of polymers have similar molding conditions and in addition it also has the same traditional film print performance. So, polylactic acid can be the needs of different industries, made from a wide variety of applications.
7. the polylactic acid (PLA) film has good permeability, oxygen permeability and penetrating two oxygen and two carbon, it also has the characteristics of isolated scent. Viruses and mold is easy to attach themselves to a surface of bio–degradable plastic, so there are safety and health concerns, however, polylactic acid is the only excellent antibacterial and antifungal properties of biodegradable plastics.
8. when the incineration of polylactic acid (PLA), shall have the same heat of combustion and incineration of paper, is a traditional incineration of plastic (polyethylene) half of the polylactic acid and incineration will not release nitrogen compounds, sulfur and other toxic gases. Humans also exists in monomer form of lactic acid, which means that this decomposition products with security.